Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving

John and I were talking and feel so blessed this Thanksgiving. We spent last Saturday with his family, Thursday we will be with my dad and step mom and Saturday we are hoping to be with my mother. We don't always get to see this many parts of our family each year, and we are excited. We know next year will be rough with traveling and a little one, so we decided that this year we are going to try and get to almost everyone. We won't be able to visit my sister, but she will be coming up here in January. We feel even more blessed to be carrying a very active bambino. We are so excited to meet him come the end of January, beginning of February. I was reading my mother's notes on my birth, and the day I was born it was -18 degrees, with a windchill of -33 degrees. I am praying it will be a little warmer when our son comes into this world. It's a crazy, exciting and scary thought that in a few months we will be parents. We will have someone who depends solely on us and will change our world, for the better! Here's to hoping that you all have a great Thanksgiving holiday. And if you go shopping Friday like me, be careful!

3 comments:

allison said...

Isn't it weird to think that next holiday season you will have a whole different life? I know that we talked about enjoying our holiday season this year and just enjoy the quiet : )

Jessica said...

i have a gift for you from emily. she said she can't make it to your shower so she wanted me to give it to you. i'll keep it in the jeep and when you are at church you can have it.

allison said...

Thank you for your comment : ) That is actually our christmas card I was trying to figure out how to announce that we were pregnant and having a boy and that is what we came up with! I love the name we picked out we wanted to use family names so we had some picked out whither it was a boy or a girl! We just have to find a middle name for the poor little guy!