Monday, December 22, 2008

6 weeks to go

It is hardly imaginable that in 6 short weeks our little bundle of joy will be here. I am excited, but at the same time I am nervous as heck. I keep wondering, will I be a good mom, will I know when my baby is sick, will I be able to breastfeed, will I know when to throw out the "expired" milk... random things keep running through my head. It is exciting to see John's face as he feels the baby move and he was able to feel little brown have the hiccups. His face it lit up with pure joy! I know he is going to be a great dad, and that is so exciting for me! His dad has the changing table/ dresser all done and stained, and he is top coating it now. He still is going to build a bassinet as well, so that is exciting. My sister and her family are coming up in two weeks for my baby shower at the church, I am excited to see them and see the nephew. Here is a Christmas picture to leave you with, from our home to yours! Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you are that close to holding your little one. I am sure you will be a great mom when he arrives.

allison said...

Amen to the questions! Although for me the panic just sent in the other day when I was looking at some clothes and my first thought was "This is what it will be like from now until he is 18!" Always buying for him! I will tell you the one thing that my brother's wife told me because she was all about breastfeeding so I go to her with my questions, but if you guys decide to get him circumised don't be surprised if in the hospital he doesn't want to nurse primarly because of the fact that he was just born and tired but then they do what they do to him and it tires him out. So, that is something she told me and thought I would pass that along!

allison said...

See, that is such a good idea! I mean the poor little guy goes through so much trauma to begin with but he has a good point. I have yet to call and see about a doctor for Wesley, I know where I will go, I just thought I would at least wait until next month when I am into my third trimester and what not. Have a good one!